- a Tech Talk/Demo, where Dan will share how he uses SketchUp Pro for product design, architectural renderings, mapping, and animation
- a SketchUp Pro Basics Workshop, suitable for 3D modeling beginners who want a solid introduction to a powerful new tool
- a SketchUp Pro/LayOut Advanced Workshop with an architecture focus, of particular interest to students of architecture, construction management, and civil engineering
- 11am – 12:30pm - Advanced Workshop with architecture focus
- 1 – 2pm - Tech Talk/Demo
- 2:30 – 4pm - Basics Workshop
Trimble SketchUp Pro is available to students for a $49 yearly license fee, and is free for educators. Trimble also offers SketchUp Make completely free for non-commercial use. Attendees are encouraged to bring a laptop with SketchUp Pro or SketchUp Make installed.
This day of workshops is sponsored by Trimble SketchUp, NCSU Libraries, and the American Institute of Architecture Students (AIAS) NCSU chapter. The event is part of the SketchUp Visiting Professionals Program.
Daniel Brown received his Architecture degree from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. In university, Dan also served as a National Director of the American Institute of Architecture Students. As an authorized trainer, Dan has taught hundreds of architects, designers, & planners how to use SketchUp Pro, and even wrote much of the training curriculum used by SketchUp Authorized Training Centers around the world. Dan has taught SketchUp all over the United States, including at the AIA National Convention, Design Philadelphia, and the Philadelphia Center for Architecture. Dan currently operates db-3D, a company that provides both design and training services for SketchUp.